Sunday, October 5, 2008

CHAPTER 51...HAPPY DANCE TIME!!!






That's right! I'm doing a happy dance as I write this!



I am happy to report that as a result Chapter 51 is now a done deal!!! Yes...it's finished! If there has been one chapter in the book that has been the chapter from Hell, this would have been it. I mean I don't really know what the problem was. I knew basically what I wanted the chapter to be about, but I got stuck on the dialogue and how it would unfold. Up until Chapter 51, every other chapter had practically written itself. I felt as though I was the mere vehicle through which the words flowed....until Chapter 51.
It occurred to me today when I was completing this chapter and moving into Chapter 52 that maybe this interruption in the whole writing process has been good and necessary. Chapter 51 is the chapter in which the stage begins to be set that will lead the reader to final part of the book to the end. And I have to admit as the writer, I am getting very excited as I write just as if I were the reader instead. There's still about 4 chapters to go before I can say IT IS DONE...but I know that now that I have overcome the stumbling block of the last three weeks that it won't be long now before I'll be entering a post to report just that!

But for now, you'll just have to hang in there a little bit longer before you'll get THAT good news! In the meantime, please keep sending those good thoughts my way so that I don't encounter anymore writing obstacles!


Until next time...Dawn

No comments: